FREE Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Compare quotes from the top car insurance companies and save!
Finding auto insurance isn’t always easy, especially if the applicant has been convicted of breaking any of the Utah DUI laws. Find cheap car insurance quotes with our ZIP code search! These people will be turned down for auto insurance more often than anyone else because they are now known as dangerous drivers. Seeking an a car insurance company to insure them can be a daunting task without help.
People who have been convicted of breaking Utah DUI laws need the help of our ZIP code search. The auto insurance comparison website represents several different insurance companies and these companies have criteria they go by for whom they are going to insure. The auto insurance companies that have no intention of insuring someone convicted of breaking DUI laws would be a waste of time for these people.
Comparison Websites Do All of the Work
Our ZIP code search prevents those guilty of breaking Utah DUI laws from wasting their time calling every auto insurance company in the phone book. Our tool will help you save money and find the cheapest type of car insurance coverage that their clients will need.
Comparison Shopping Is Free
We will perform the search for free, making this service an even better deal for those who have broken Utah DUI laws. We will save you hours of time by not having to do this, and it doesn’t cost a thing. Enter your ZIP code now and search our Car Insurance Guide for the best tips!
Utah DUI Laws
Drivers will be stopped for driving under the influence if law enforcement believes they are driving while intoxicated. After being stopped, these drivers will have to submit to a test that will determine their blood alcohol levels (BAC). Find Utah car insurance by entering your ZIP code. Utah DUI laws require an arrest if:
- Their BAC is .08 or above,
- They are under the age of 21 and have any amount of alcohol within their systems,
- They are driving a vehicle in the process of performing their jobs with a BAC of .04 or above.
Penalties for Breaking Utah DUI Laws the First Time
The first offence subjects people to several unpleasant realities:
- They will either have to spend two days in jail or they will have to spend two days in community service.
- They will have to serve house arrest.
- They will have to pay a fine of at least $700.
- Their licenses will be suspended for four months.
The Second Conviction
Sometimes, people are arrested and convicted of breaking Utah DUI laws for a second time. The penalties they will receive will be even more severe than for the first offence. Second time penalties:
- The jail sentence will be 10 days or they will have to spend this time in community service.
- They will have to serve an amount of time under house arrest.
- The fines increase by $100 to at least $800.
- The time their licenses will be suspended increases to two years.
- They will be required to have an Ignition Interlock Device (IID) in their vehicles.
The IID is the device that people convicted of breaking Utah DUI laws must have in their vehicles to be able to operate the vehicle. After starting the ignition, drivers must blow into the device and if the apparatus shows that there is an amount of alcohol below the limit in the driver’s system, the vehicle will start. If the device registers the presence of alcohol above the limit, the driver won’t be able to drive the car. The IID will be required if the time between the first and second DUI arrest is less than 10 years. Car insurance laws could drastically affect one’s insurance rates after a DUI.
The Third Conviction
The third time that drivers break Utah DUI laws, they will be returned to court to face more severe consequences. These are:
- The jail sentence is now over two months.
- The fine will be at least $1,500.
- Their licenses will be suspended another two years.
- The IID will need to be in the vehicle for three years. (The time between the second and third conviction will need to be less than 10 years to qualify for this penalty.)
Extra Penalties for First, Second and Third Offences
Along with all of the mandatory punishments listed above, people who have breached Utah DUI laws may be commanded to:
- House arrest with an electronic tracking device.
- Regularly scheduled tests for the presence of drugs and alcohol.
- Attend substance abuse classes.
- Receive treatment for substance abuse.
- Be placed on probation.
People who have been convicted of DUI offences in other states will have their driving records follow them when they move to Utah. Utah considers those who have broken DUI laws in other states as having broken Utah DUI laws. This means that the first DUI conviction in Utah will not be the first if there is a previous conviction somewhere else.
The Driving Record
Every time someone seeks to purchase cheap car insurance, the insurance agent will pull these applicants’ driving records. The driving record is where they will find any DUI convictions no matter the state where they occurred. The courts will also look into this record, so people won’t be able to keep prior convictions in another state a secret from anyone.
The fact that breaking Utah DUI laws gives people several negative outcomes doesn’t have to make it impossible to obtain the auto insurance they need to drive. Any time that people spend on the roads require that they have liability insurance and they will have to purchase it from someone. Comparison shopping will make it possible for them to keep from further breaking the driving laws in Utah by helping them find more affordable car insurance. Enter your ZIP code and compare cheap car insurance quotes TODAY!