How cheap is car insurance for a Honda Insight?
Average Honda Insight car insurance rates are $93/mo but you may find cheaper rates based on your driving record and where you live. Enter your ZIP code below to get free Honda Insight auto insurance quotes from multiple companies. Comparison shopping online is the easiest way to find cheap Honda Insight car insurance rates.
Compare Cheap Car Insurance Quotes
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Apr 20, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right cheap car insurance coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare cheap car insurance quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about car insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything car insurance-related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by car insurance experts.
Car insurance for Honda Insight is priced moderately, but some people can find a cheaper option. Our ZIP code search will find car insurance quotes for you! Our website will provide a side-by-side comparison of the insurance costs and will help owners make an educated decision about their insurance costs.
After careful research, experts found that the average cost for car insurance for a Honda Insight is approximately, $1111 per year. This price is certainly less than most luxury vehicles. However, the price is not the cheapest car insurance either.
Car insurance premiums are affected by a number of factors. Keep this in mind when searching for car insurance quotes for Honda Insight online. This will help you compare “apples to apples” when searching for insurance. Select a car insurance company that is both reputable and has a reasonable insurance rate.
Our review of car insurance for Honda Insight will consider all aspects of the vehicle that affect the costs of insurance. The following information will teach owners more about the vehicle and give a better understanding into the overall cost of vehicle insurance.
What Factors Will Increase the Price of My Car Insurance for a Honda Insight?
There are many things that could raise your Honda car insurance for a Honda Insight. Luckily, we offer a FREE comparison tool that can help you save money on car insurance. Enter your ZIP code into our ZIP code finder and then take a look at the following factors that will increase the price of car insurance for a Honda Insight:
- Younger People Have Higher Insurance Premiums – Any younger and inexperienced driver will have higher rates than a mature driver. Honda Insight is no different. The risk for accidents is higher for inexperienced drivers. Thus, insurance prices are higher.
- Comprehensive Coverage Costs More – Some vehicle owners may obtain liability on this vehicle as the vehicle value depreciates. However, most people will desire comprehensive car insurance for Honda Insight. Comprehensive insurance includes medical, collision, uninsured motorists and rental car insurance. Consumers typically purchase the maximum coverage to maximize the value of their investment. However, car insurance extras increase the price of the overall premium.
- Poor Crash Ratings Increase the Cost of Insurance Premiums – Consider the compactness of the vehicle and its ability to withstand a high speed crash with minimal injuries to the passenger. This affects its safety rating and thus, the total cost of car insurance for Honda Insight.
- Males: Do Not Drive Recklessly – A male’s insurance premium is typically higher than a female’s insurance premium. This is because males typically have more accidents than females. Insurance companies compensate for this by charging males more for car insurance.
- Exercise Caution While Driving – Reckless driving behaviors, numerous accidents or DUIs may increase car insurance prices for Honda Insight.
Compare quotes from the top car insurance companies and save
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What Factors Will Decrease the Cost of My Insurance for a Honda Insight?
Now you know a little about possible things that could raise your car insurance by make, take a look at some ways to save on your Honda Insight car insurance.
- Lower Your Risk for Theft – Honda Insights are considered green vehicles. They are economical and practical. Most thieves are seeking luxury vehicles. Only, approximately, 10 or less of these vehicles have been stolen since production, according to NHTSA. Therefore, insurance costs will remain low for people in low crime areas.
- Do Not Drive Fast – Honda Insights do not achieve exceptionally high speeds and are not high risk vehicles on the highway.
- Low Replacement Part Costs – Honda Insights are economical vehicles. There replacement parts are reasonably priced and easy to replace.
What Else Should I Know About Honda Insight?
Honda Insights’ features will give the owner perspective on what aspects affect the total cost of insurance. Insurance premiums are often set based on power, maximum speed and parts replacement costs. The color of the vehicle may also be factored into the cost if drivers with vehicles of a certain color exhibit a certain behavior. As you read about the Honda Insight, research other safety features that you can mention to your insurance adjuster for car insurance discounts on your insurance.
This four-door five passenger hatchback has a 13-hp all electric motor and a 1.3 liter gas engine. The engine and motor generate 98-hp and provides 40 miles per gallon in fuel economy. With this type of engine, the vehicle is not built for speed, but for an economical drive around the city. Consumers are pleased with the performance of the vehicle if they simply need comfortable, economical transportation that is also stylish.
The vehicle is safe and equipped with six airbags, electronic stability control, anti-lock brakes, Bluetooth hands-free cell phone use and keyless entry. The vehicle has received “Good” safety ratings from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety except in the driver torso category. In terms of crash ratings, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHSTA) awarded the car a “Great” rating for front driver side and a “Good” for front passenger side.
The invoice price for this vehicle is listed between $18,688 and $20,098. The market value of the Honda Insight is $17,996. According to MotorTrend, the overall cost of ownership of this vehicle over four years is approximately $27,000. This includes depreciation, insurance, maintenance, taxes and a host of other factors.
How to Negotiate with Insurance Adjustors for Lower Prices
Once you narrow down your choices for insurance carriers through our comparison website. Safety will be the primary area of focus. If you have a clean driving record, emphasize this factor for discounts. Also, emphasize that distracted driving is one of the leading causes for car accidents. Mention how built-in Bluetooth hands-free cell phone features will minimize distracted driving while you are on the road.
Mention the Safety accolades that the vehicle received. “Good” to “Great” crash ratings will help to with cheap auto insurance. Also mention anti-lock brakes, electronic stability control and the extensive airbag system. Since insurance adjusters are mainly concerned with safety while on the road, you will show them how the features minimize accidents and the amount of money their company loses if you have an accident.
Don’t become one of the most stolen cars in the US. Obtain an anti-theft alarm if one is not factory installed. This will also lower the cost of the insurance and give you peace of mind. After the insurance adjustor feels comfortable with your presentation, they will offer the lowest insurance price that they can, while keeping your driving history in mind. Don’t wait any longer on car insurance! Enter your ZIP code into our ZIP code search and compare cheap car insurance quotes TODAY!