Free Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Call for FREE quotes: (888) 442-5133
UPDATED: Mar 13, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We partner with top insurance providers. This doesn't influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Getting a free car insurance quote is easy to do and you can usually get basic quotes in just minutes by using our FREE online car insurance quote comparison tool! This is all it takes:
- Simply start by inputting your ZIP code. This will help to find the insurance companies that cover your particular neighborhood.
- Fill out the form that you are given which will include data about yourself, your driving record and your car.
- Wait a minute or two while your information is being processed and your free car insurance quotes are pulled up. Once you see them, you can look at the policy to see what it includes.
- Once you’ve chosen the policy that is most suitable for your needs, finish the online application and submit it for final approval. If you can’t decide just yet, you can often save your search results and come back to them at a later time.
Try our FREE ZIP code search today, and see how much you can save!
Why Not Choose An Independent Broker?
Even if you have a friend or family member who is an independent insurance agent selling car issuance, chances are that you are still better off by getting your FREE car insurance quote online.
Your friend probably has just a limited number of connections and can shop four or five companies, while our insurance quote comparison site can get you quotes from multiple car insurance providers.
Additionally, it will take far more time to call up an agent, tell them your requirements and give them details about your cars.
Your free quote can be done online in just minutes since you can input the data directly.
Three Ways to Save Even More On Your Free Car Insurance Quote
When comparing insurance quotes, see if you qualify for car insurance discounts for any of the following reasons. You may not qualify for every one of them, but a few dollars saved is always a good thing!
- Good Driver Discount: If you have an excellent driving record and haven’t made a claim in years, or ever, then the company will have less risk in taking you on as a client.
- Low Mileage Drivers: People who regularly car pool, work at home or frequently take public transportation often enjoy a discount since they aren’t putting themselves in a position where they need to be insured every time they leave the house. On the same note, if you have a child who is attending college but not using a vehicle during the school year, put him as a part-time driver so that you aren’t paying for long periods of time when he’s not on the road.
- Having A High Deductible: By keeping your deductible set to $1000 or more, you are decreasing the likelihood of filing a claim and putting more of the risk on yourself. Keep a large emergency fund to protect yourself in the event you are involved in an accident.
Six Surprising Factors That Affect Car Insurance Rates
For good or bad, these six things really do affect how much, or little, you pay for your car insurance. While you have control over the first four, it’s not exactly easy to just up and do something to do something to put you in a better position.
Your Credit Score: This is by far the easiest one to change, assuming you are in a position to need to fix it. If you have a credit score below 750, then you are increasing the amount of money that you pay for your car insurance. Insurers look at your credit score to see how financially responsible you are. They believe that there is a correlation to how you handle your money and how you handle your car.
If your credit isn’t excellent, make sure that you are paying all of your bills on time each month, pay off old debts that may be lingering on your credit report and work on lowering your debt to income ratio.
Your Neighborhood: If you live in an area that is more prone to theft and vandalism, you’ll be paying more for your insurance. Make sure that your car has sufficient security devices installed and ask for a discount for being proactive about the situation.
Your Car: You may already know this, but the type of car and its color, play an important role in the cost of your car insurance. If you are in the market for a new vehicle and since you can get free car insurance quotes online, play around with the costs that the different cars you are considering will cost you.
To minimize your car insurance costs, stick with cars that have a high safety rating, are a few years old, have low miles and are not sports or collector cars in flashy colors.
Your Marital Status: While it may sound strange, it’s true. Married people enjoy lower car insurance premiums than their peers who are single. Marriage is looked at as a sign of responsibility. Of course this is no reason to rush into marriage, just an interesting truth in the car insurance world.
Your Gender and Age: There really is no way to get around this one. Women are almost always cheaper to insure than men, but men get a break once they reach 25 and car insurance companies deem them to be safer, more responsible drivers.
However both genders can expect their premiums to rise as they approach retirement age as that is when health and eye sight begins to deteriorate.
Sadly a great many senior citizens are responsible for a majority of the claims which insurance companies have to pay out.
As you see, it’s easy to get a FREE car insurance quote at any time. Simply get on your computer, type in the requested information and you’re all set to find a new policy that meets your insurance needs.
Start today with our FREE quote comparison!
Don’t forget to make sure you understand what the policy entails, and always ask for additional discounts before you purchase the insurance. Find the coverage you need for the right price with our FREE ZIP code search tool!