Porsche Car Insurance
Be prepared to pay higher rates for your Porsche car insurance. Luxury vehicles cost more to insure due to high repair costs and increased risk of theft. Protect your Porsche with comprehensive car insurance and find cheap Porsche auto insurance quotes here with our free tool below.
Compare Cheap Car Insurance Quotes
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jun 4, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right cheap car insurance coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare cheap car insurance quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about car insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything car insurance-related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by car insurance experts.
Porsche is a luxurious vehicle that many people desire in their households, and Porsche car insurance is important for protecting this amazing car. However, the total cost of ownership of a Porsche is often not considered. Car insurance premiums, maintenance and fuel costs should all be considered before purchasing a Porsche. Car insurance is one of the most costly expenses. This article will examine the luxurious aspects of Porsche and why car insurance is costly for this type of vehicle. You should first enter your ZIP code and compare cheap auto insurance for FREE with our comparison tool! Our search could save you hundreds of dollars!
About the Porsche Vehicle
Insurance costs are often based upon the power, maximum speeds and the replacement costs of the parts of a vehicle. Some car insurance companies even charge more for a certain color vehicle, if there are certain driving behaviors associated with people that drive that color vehicle. Insurance adjustors also examine behaviors of typical drivers that own the vehicle. As a potential owner of a Porsche, you must first learn about the vehicle to determine why the vehicle insurance is costly. Some companies determine insurance by car make.
The Porsche 911 is a German-produced two-door automobile that is known for its exceptional power. The price of these vehicles can range from $76,000 to nearly $200,000 for some models. Some of the vehicles can top speeds over 200 miles per hour and acceleration rate of zero to 60 in 3.6 seconds. Many of the Porsche 911 vehicles are available with convertible tops, as well as, colors ranging from blue metallic to ruby red.
The Porsche Boxster is sportier and more affordable than the Porsche 911. This vehicle starts under $50,000. The two-seater vehicle has two doors and a convertible top. This vehicle will reach speeds of 188 miles per hour. Porsche Boxster insurance can vary according to the person behind the wheel. The Panamera is more distinguished and has four doors instead of two. This vehicle will cost between $90,000 and $140,000 per week.
The Cayenne is the SUV of the family and offers a number of different models. The models include the GTS, Turbo and the S Series. The Cayenne is affordable at $45,000. This vehicle is more of a family feel but with sportier qualities. Cheap Cayenne car insurance is a possibility with the correct company and car insurance discounts.
Compare quotes from the top car insurance companies and save
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How do these features and other conditions affect my Porsche car insurance?
The Porsche 911 series are some of the most costly vehicles to insure. In 2009, the Porsche 911 was ranked number 10 with an average insurance premium of $1819. Some major reasons for high premiums are listed below:
- Theft. One main reason for the expense is that the Porsche is one of the top vehicles stolen for those that live in high crime areas. This factor alone will increase the insurance premium. The insurance rate will be somewhat lower if you live in a low crime area. However, the rate may not be that much lower if that is not where the car will be parked most of the time. Anti-theft alarms are the best way to lower car insurance premiums.
- Speed. Porsche vehicles are built for speed. Speed may lead to increased incidence of accidents. From the specifications listed above, users may quickly determine that losing control of a vehicle at 200 miles per hour can result in a fatal accident. In fact, speed is more dangerous than driving in dangerous conditions. The Porsche 911 comes with a ranking of 24 on the International Organization of Standardization (ISO). This particular number is one of the highest on the list. The higher this number, the more your insurance premium will become.
- Age. A younger, inexperienced driver will be charged more for driving a Porsche than a more mature driver. The chances for accidents increase the more inexperienced the driver is. Therefore, the insurance premium will increase, because the insurance company must pay for expensive replacement costs.
- Replacement Costs. The more expensive the parts are on the vehicle, the more the insurance will cost the person. Porsche part replacement is expensive, especially if they are original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts.
- Car Insurance Extras. If you buy a luxury vehicle, you probably will not purchase basic insurance or liability. Most Porsche car insurance will include collision, medical, rental car insurance and uninsured motorists insurance. Most people obtain the extra comprehensive to maintain their investment.
- Gender. Males are more likely than females to have more accidents. They tend to drive faster and “show off” to their friends. Therefore, their insurance payments are likely to be higher than females.
- Driving History. If you have a history of accidents, DUIs or other reckless driving behaviors, your insurance costs are likely to be higher as well.
How can I save on Porsche insurance costs?
The more safety features you obtain on your Porsche vehicle, the lower your insurance will become. Convertible insurance is typically more expensive because of the risk of ejection of a passenger or fatality. Roll-over safety mechanisms, adaptive headlamps and other safety mechanisms should be considered when shopping for a vehicle to lower insurance. A long history of no accidents and good car safety ratings will also help to lower car insurance. Practice safe driving habits and the insurance company will reward you with a discount. After your done reviewing insurance, check out Jerry Seinfield’s Porsche collection and just think how much it would cost to insure that collection.
Another way to save, surprisingly, is to select the Porsche Cayenne. The SUV costs less and is far more economical on insurance because it is considered a family car. However, compared to other vehicles in its class, there is still more risk involved because the vehicle is faster than similar vehicles.
How to Obtain the Lowest Car Insurance Quotes for My Porsche
Shop around online for the affordable car insurance. Comparison websites can help clients find the cheapest quotes available online. Also call local insurance companies. Sometimes, companies in the neighborhood may offer discounts for multiple insurance policies obtained at once. Don’t wait any longer and lose money! Enter your ZIP code and find cheap car insurance quotes INSTANTLY!