Free Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Call for FREE quotes: (888) 442-5133
UPDATED: Mar 13, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We partner with top insurance providers. This doesn't influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Mercedes Benz is an exquisitely-designed vehicle that provides a luxurious ride coveted by many, and Mercedes Benz car insurance is the same way. Consumers must keep in mind that the cost of a luxury vehicle consists of more than the negotiated price of the vehicle. Consumers should also consider the cost of car insurance, maintenance, car care and fuel costs when purchasing the vehicle. Try our ZIP code search and find out how much car insurance will cost you within SECONDS!
Car insurance is one of the most costly hidden costs of owning a Mercedes Benz that consumers rarely factor into the total cost of ownership. Our review below will examine how these additional costs affect the overall value of the vehicle. Save yourself come time and compare auto insurance company ratings to find the best car insurance!
Luxurious Features of Mercedes Benz
Before examining what will affect the insurance costs of the vehicle, you will learn a bit more about the vehicle’s features. Insurance is often based upon the power, parts replacement costs and maximum speed of the vehicle. Many insurance companies also factor in the color of the vehicle, if they notice a pattern in the behavior of clients that drive that color vehicle. Mercedes Benz car insurance costs are also affected by the owner’s driving history and habits. Later, we will determine how the features will factor into the car insurance costs of the vehicle.
Mercedes Benz vehicles are available in over 12 different classes or styles. Depending upon the buyer’s preferences clients may obtain a vehicle with a variety of features. Within the different classes, there are several different body types. The typical body types include: Hatchback, Coupe, Saloon, Cabriolet, Cross-Country, Roadster, Off-Roader, Sport Utility Vehicle and Luxury Tourer Vehicle. Several of these vehicles may have the option of an upgrade to an AMG engine that increases the speed of the vehicle.
The costs of the Mercedes Benz vehicle range from $33,990 to over $105,000 for the sedans and coupes. Some vehicles even cost as much as $500,000. The Roadsters and convertibles are typically the most expensive. One should also take the time to compare car insurance by make!
For instance, a Mercedes Benz C-Class starts at $33,990. This vehicle can reach 60 miles per hour in 7.1 seconds and has a 228-horsepower V-6 engine. It also comes with an anti-theft alarm, pre-paid maintenance and night security illumination. The vehicle may be purchased with an AMG package for additional speed. This vehicle reaches 155 miles per hour. If you have a C-Class, you should check out Mercedes C-Class insurance.
On the high end of the spectrum, consumers may purchase the Mercedes Benz SL. The Mercedes Benz SL has a retractable hardtop and a 382-horsepower V-8 engine. The vehicle costs nearly $105,000. Without the AMG package, the vehicle will reach 60 miles per hour in 5.3 seconds. With the AMG package, the owner will pay nearly $40,000 more to reach 60 miles per hour in 4.5 seconds with 518-horsepower.
Several Mercedes Benz SUVs are available as well. They are sportier and some are more for an off-roading experience. Consumers can truly find a vehicle to meet their lifestyle requirements. You should also take the time to look at the popular Mercedes M Class and compare Mercedes M Class car insurance. Once they find the car that fits their needs, they can begin to find insurance that meets the car insurance requirements!
Can You Help Me Lower the Cost of Mercedes Benz Insurance?
Mercedes Benz car insurance is some of the most costly insurance for a number of reasons. In 2009, the Mercedes Benz average car insurance was $1534. Drivers, however, can take some action to lower the cost of their insurance:
- Skip the AMG Package: The Mercedes Benz vehicles with AMG packages achieve faster speeds than other vehicles. At higher speeds, consumers are more likely to be involved in a high speed crash if the driver loses control. Skip the AMG package and save money.
- Use a Comparison Tool: Use the comparison websites to help you find numerous quotes. Once you find the lowest quote, check the reputation of the company and then negotiate for a lower price. It never hurts to ask for a lower price.
- Only Drive Your Car on the Weekends: This will qualify you for a low miles discount. If you drive your car less than 7,500 miles you will more than likely receive a discount from your insurance company.
- Stay Out of High Crime Neighborhoods: Theft is a major reason that Mercedes Benz car insurance is so incredibly high. This is especially true of those that live and work in high crime areas. Vehicles in low-crime areas may receive a slight discount. Two-door Mercedes are more likely to be stolen because they are more desirable. Anti-theft devices will lower insurance, because they deter theft from occurring.
- Pay for Your Policy in Advance: Pay for your policy one year in advance. This will lower the insurance premiums slightly. Furthermore, you will not have to worry about the bill for an entire year.
- Leave the Mercedes Benz to the Ladies: Males insurance is typically higher because they tend to have more accidents than men. Experts attribute this additional cost to their proclivity to drive faster and race the vehicles.
- Focus on the Road: Consumers with a history of accidents, reckless driving behaviors or DUIs may have a higher insurance premium.
Mercedes Benz vehicles are generally safe cars. The car safety ratings typically lower the cost of the vehicle. For instance, the Mercedes Benz CLK-Class was ranked the “Highest Compact Sporty Premium Car” by JD Power and Associates in 2008. This vehicle typically gets fairly inexpensive insurance quotes.
The E-Class and the S-Class were also found to be affordable deals, in terms of insurance, by JD Power and Associates. Both of these vehicles are large enough to withstand significant damage in a crash without injuring the passenger. The R-Class won the Highest Safety Award by the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety.
Convertible insurance is typically more expensive. Mercedes Benz convertibles with retractable hard tops and roll-over safety mechanisms often lower the costs of Mercedes Benz car insurance for convertibles. The safer the vehicle ranks, the lower the insurance premium will be typically. Safe driving habits and a good driving history will lower costs also. Find cheap car insurance quotes for your Mercedes TODAY!