Is it possible to get the best car insurance for cheap?
If you want the best car insurance for cheap, start comparison shopping online. Comparing quotes online is the only way to find the best auto insurance with the cheapest rates. Your personal rates will depend on your driving record, so good drivers are more likely to find the best auto insurance for cheap. Enter your ZIP code below to see if you qualify for good driver rates.
Compare Cheap Car Insurance Quotes
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 30, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right cheap car insurance coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single company.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare cheap car insurance quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about car insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything car insurance-related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by car insurance experts.
Drivers know that adequate auto insurance coverage is more important than saving a few dollars each month. Getting the best car insurance for cheap is definitely attainable but research is needed. Cheap car insurance that does not cover losses incurred in an accident is not appropriate for any situation. Find cheap car insurance by using the FREE ZIP code input at the top and bottom of this page!
Saving money on car insurance can be achieved by comparing the policies that are available from various insurance companies. Before contacting insurers, the driver should conduct a preliminary evaluation of the current personal financial situation. After doing an evaluation of your current financial situation, use our ZIP code car insurance generator tool to find cheap car insurance quotes.
Reasons to Insure
Individuals have various reasons to purchase car insurance, and the actual need for insurance will differ for each driver. At the surface, the standard auto insurance policy might appear to meet the needs of every driver, but this is not the case.
- Legal requirement – All 50 states require every driver to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance. This category of insurance will pay for losses incurred by third parties.
- Lender requirement – Drivers that have taken out a loan to finance a vehicle purchase might find that the lending institution requires full coverage on the car for the term of the outstanding loan.
- Mitigate loss – The overarching reason to carry auto insurance coverage is to absorb the costs associated with damage that the vehicle incurs in an accident.
- Replace vehicle – Drivers that choose to carry liability-only auto insurance coverage must consider saving sufficient funds to replace the vehicle after a significant event.
Compare quotes from the top car insurance companies and save
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Significant savings can be realized by the driver who is willing to do sufficient research and make some decisions prior to purchasing an auto insurance policy.
Proactive decision making allows the insurance shopper to be prepared to answer questions posed by insurance agents or representatives.
- Find a reputable insurer – Hundreds of insurance companies underwrite auto insurance policies in each state. Information about each company can be found on the A.M. Best Company website.
- Determine coverage level – Vehicle value will determine whether to carry liability-only coverage or full coverage on each automobile.
- Evaluate driver profile – Insurance companies consider the driving record of the policyholder to be the primary indication of how many claims will be filed. A clean driving record will lower the auto insurance rates more than any other factor.
- Determine possible discounts – Shoppers are wise to make a list of possible discounts for which they might qualify. Certain insurance companies offer discounts for people in various professions.
- Acquire quotes – Once all of these decisions have been made, the shopper can visit a quote website to take the first step toward finding great insurance for less money. Requesting quotes is the first step to finding insurance companies that match the driver’s profile.
Best Approach for Saving Money
Insurance companies that offer affordable auto insurance coverage can be found by following some basic comparison guidelines.
- Identical amounts – Every dollar amount on the quotes returned from the insurance companies must be identical. Payout amounts for each major component on the policy must be the same.
- Evaluate discounts – Insurance companies offer various discounts to encourage safe driving habits. Quotes that are returned through the website will not contain all of the available discounts. Direct contact with each insurance company will enable the shopper to find all of the possible discounts.
- Save deductible amount ahead – Drivers are wise to save the same amount of money as the car insurance policy deductibles prior to the occurrence of a significant event. Financial hardship can be avoided by planning ahead.
Choosing the Best Policy
A lucky few insurance shoppers will find an obvious quote that matches their coverage requirements and offers affordable annual premiums. Over-evaluation of the set of quotes is not required in this instance. Most shoppers will find three to five quotes that are comparable, but additional research is required.
- Eliminate introductory rates – Insurance companies will use low introductory rates to win new customers. The policyholder will save money for the first six months, and then the rates will return to the market rates offered by most insurers.
- Exclude extremely low quotes – Some insurers will use the quote process to offer an extremely low quote that is created by dropping all coverage categories to the bare minimum. Many of these quotes will have high deductibles as well. Shoppers must be aware of this tactic to prevent hardship later.
- Contact insurance companies – Shoppers that reach this stage must plunge in and make the dreaded phone calls to find specific answers. During these calls, questions about discounts and various coverage levels can be asked to find the best possible rates.
- Place three more phone calls – Once the field is narrowed down to three insurers, the shopper should call the three insurance companies one more time. Another round of calls might yield more information from a different representative.
- Make the final policy selection – Insurance shoppers will have sufficient information from the entire process to choose the best auto insurance policy.
Safe driving habits will be rewarded by auto insurance companies because fewer claims results in lower costs. A sustained clean driving record is the most important driver attribute for any policyholder.
All the comparison efforts in the world will be negated by multiple accidents and moving violations in a three-year period.
Using our ZIP code locator you can find the best auto insurance quotes in your area! Sufficient auto insurance coverage can be affordable for the driver who is willing to complete advanced training courses and drive an average vehicle. Cutting corners on coverage is the most expensive approach when a loss occurs.
Financial hardship will be the result if insufficient liability, comprehensive and collision coverage is not purchased prior to a significant loss. Wise insurance shoppers pursue the right amount of auto insurance coverage and request discounts to lower the annual premiums. Find the lowest premiums by using our FREE ZIP code tool to find the best car insurance quotes!