FREE Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Compare quotes from the top car insurance companies and save!
The Farm Bureau Mutual Holding Company is a well-established financial services firm providing many financial products and services to consumers. Auto insurance is one of its key offerings, along with several other products to address consumers’ requirements for financial protection.
Farm Bureau History
Farm Bureau Financial Services began over 70 years ago, with a mission to serve the insurance and financial needs of people who belonged to the Iowa Farm Bureau Federation. Over time, the company grew and evolved to serve a wider population of urban and rural customers and everyone in between, with a range of products to suit changing needs. The company has 4,000 field associates and 1,600 employees focused on making insurance simple for the consumer. Farm Bureau Property and Casualty Insurance Company is the insurance branch of a company that also encompasses Western Agricultural Insurance Company and Farm Bureau Life Insurance Company.
Farm Bureau is a financially strong company, with an “A” (excellent) rating from A.M. Best. Its property and casualty insurance company and Western Agricultural Insurance Company have been showing strong, steady growth over the years, and have performed better than the industry of property and casualty as a whole.
Farm Bureau offers, through its subsidiary companies, auto insurance, life insurance and homeowners insurance, in addition to a variety of financial products including annuities. The company offers vehicle insurance covering daily-use automobiles, as well as recreational vehicles that include:
- Motorcycles, dirt bikes, ATVs, scooters and mopeds
- Boats, jet skis, sailboats and other watercraft for personal use
- Motor homes/RVs, including Van-type vehicles
- Trailers for use with boats, livestock, motorcycles and other vehicles
- Golf carts and other types of recreational vehicles
Farm Bureau also covers farm and ranch vehicles for customers who insure their personal vehicles with the company. Vehicles such as farm truck tractors, farm trucks, vans, pickups and trailers are covered. For farm vehicles weighing 1 ton or less, if their use is primarily for a customer’s farm or ranch operations, then the vehicles are eligible for standard vehicle coverage including liability, comprehensive, collision, medical and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
The company also provides insurance for business and commercial vehicles.
Farm Bureau Car Insurance Discounts
Farm Bureau offers its customers several discounts and other ways to save on their insurance:
- A good student discount when students maintain a 3.0 or higher GPA
- Multi-policy discounts when purchasing insurance to cover both auto and home, or by choosing to cover more than one vehicle on the policy
- Safe driver discount
- Loyalty credit to customers who continue renewing their Farm Bureau insurance each year
- Annual mileage credit for individuals who drive their car 7,500 miles or less each year
- Discounts for young drivers under 25 years old are available when they complete Farm Bureau’s Driveology program and learn how to become safer drivers.
Farm Bureau also offers ways to reduce existing policy premiums:
- Deductible increases on comprehensive and collision insurance coverage
- Maintenance of a good credit score
- Reduction of insurance coverage for cars that are worth less than approximately 10 times the amount paid for the insurance coverage. Comprehensive and collision insurance only cover the replacement value of the vehicle, and may not be necessary for older cars.
- Buying a vehicle that costs less to insure. Check with a Farm Bureau agent regarding car purchases and find out the costs to insure different models.
Farm Bureau Member’s Choice
Farm Bureau offers a simple way for consumers to take care of car insurance and protect their other assets at the same time. For consumers looking to save money on different types of insurance, the Farm Bureau Member’s Choice plan allows them to combine several insurance products into one policy. Auto, home, umbrella, liability and even coverage for property and vehicles on a farm or ranch – all can be combined into one insurance policy.
The Member’s Choice policy provides discounts for combined coverage, and puts all the payments into one premium. One agent manages all the policies, and the bundled coverage is handled by one financially strong insurance company, known for its fair and ethical business conduct.
In addition to the discount for combining coverage, the Member’s Choice plan saves more money for customers by requiring only one deductible to be paid for all combined policies in any single damage occurrence. For example, if a home, two vehicles, garage and boat are all damaged in a storm, there is only one deductible to pay, rather than five separate ones. Additionally, if the total loss on the combined property exceeds $50,000 in any one event, Farm Bureau waives up to $500 of the deductible.
Other discounts such as those for good drivers, a good grade point average and multi-vehicle policies still apply to vehicle insurance that is part of the Member’s Choice policy plan.
Farm Bureau Customer Service Review
Farm Bureau insurance works hard to accommodate its customers, and has dozens of positive comments and feedback on its website to show for it. The company understands that accidents are stressful, making things a bit easier by providing three easy ways for policyholders to report a claim. They may contact their agent, report a claim at any time by calling Farm Bureau’s 24-hour claims center, or go to the company website and report claim online.
The company also provides help on its website for making an online payment, learning about insurance or reporting an online claim. They offer step-by-step instructions as well as short instructional videos, in addition to also offering answers to a list of frequently asked questions.
How much is Farm Bureau Car Insurance?
Farm Bureau Insurance offers competitive rates to their customers, even without a perfect driving record. The company works with its policyholders to find the lowest premiums, and will advise consumers during vehicle purchases on how to keep premiums down, as well as using all available discounts, combining multiple vehicles or other insurance needs to receive extra discounts. Additionally, Farm Bureau provides emergency roadside assistance to its policyholders for no additional cost. The company works to make sure customers receive the most insurance value for their dollar.